Thursday, August 1, 2013

What's for Breakfast?

As an IC patient, it is often hard to find easy, healthy recipes that won't leave me in searing pain.  Here is one of my favorite go-to morning meals that is both nutritious and really freakin' tasty.



Old Fashioned Gluten Free Breakfast Oats

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of gluten free oats (I like this brand)
  • 2 cups of nut milk of your choice (I usually use unsweetened almond milk)
  • any fruit that you can tolerate (I usually use bananas and blueberries)
  • nut butter of your choice (I like organic peanut butter, almond butter, or sunflower butter)
  • cinnamon
  • sweetener or choice (I use honey or agave syrup)
Directions: 
  • Bring 2 cups of nut milk to a boil
  • Stir in 1 cup of gluten free oats
  • Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 15-20 minutes
  • Stir in nut butter, cinnamon, and sweetener
  • top with fruit slices
  • Enjoy with herbal tea of choice :)
Happy healing! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment