Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Easy Mediterranean Veggie Wrap

Since moving to San Diego, my obsession with avocados has grown immensely. They are absolutely amazing, and so so good for you! Here is my new favorite quick-and-easy lunch wrap that won't set me off in pain.  I hope it works for you too :)




Mediterranean Veggie Wrap 

Ingredients:

  • 1 avocado
  • 1/2 a cucumber 
  • feta cheese
  • 1 sandwich wrap (or if avoiding gluten, use collard greens or a gluten free choice)
  • tahini sauce or homemade IC friendly hummus (found on the IC Network website! modify if necessary of course)
    • Ingredients for IC friendly hummus (blended to taste):
    • 2 cups drained canned or jarred garbanzo beans
    • 1/2 cup or less tahini, to taste
    • 2-3 T olive oil
    • 2 cloves fresh garlic, squeezed
    • salt to taste
    • 1/2 to 1 tsp cumin to taste 
    • shake of paprika 
    • minced parsley


Directions:
  • Slice pieces of avocado and cucumber
  • Toss with tahini sauce or homemade hummus
  • sprinkle with feta cheese
  • Wrap, cut in half and enjoy!




Happy Healing!

2 comments:

  1. What brand type..of wraps do u use? Having a hard time finding some..that are ic safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I typically use collard greens to be absolutely safe and promote alkalinity in my body... also a lot of the "gluten-free" products have a lot of other nonsense in them that we don't want to be putting in our bodies! I've used Food for Life (http://www.celiac.com/glutenfreemall/food-life-whole-grain-brown-rice-glutenfree-tortillas-p-1700.html) and I am fairly happy with it and haven't had an issue. I think it really varies per person. but if you are really ambitious, I just found this recipe which I would like to try eventually when I have some more time for homemade gluten-free wraps... http://www.thespunkycoconut.com/2011/02/tortilla-wraps-egg-free-grain-free.html

    ReplyDelete