Tuesday, August 20, 2013

IC On the Go - Larabars

Lately I've been incredibly busy.  So busy, that it's a little harder to take the time to prepare all of my meals. During these times, I turn to another grab-and-go treat that I can rely on to satisfy my hunger and not set me off into a flare: Larabars!



Similar to the Kind Bars I mentioned in a previous post, Larabars are energy bars made with entirely unprocessed ingredients.  I make sure to stock up on some before a road trip or a flight, or when I know I'm going to have a long day.  This way, I'm not tempted to eat something that could potentially trigger pain.

Of course, everyone has different triggers, but I never seem to have a problem with  Peanut Butter Cookie.  This consists of peanut butter, dates, and some salt. If you have an issue with peanuts or any salt content, I suggest trying Cashew Cookie, which is purely cashews and dates. The bars are pretty delicious and will give you an instant energy burst (which we all need, considering most of us can't tolerate coffee!).

In my area, they are available at various supermarkets, including Vons, Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.

Enjoy, and happy healing! xx

2 comments:

  1. The pb Lara bar flares me up! Ugh....they were my favorite....I'll have to try the cashew next...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that! Yes try out Cashew Cookie or look at some of the other flavors that they offer.. hopefully something works!

    ReplyDelete