Thursday, July 11, 2013

FINALLY.. An IC Friendly Cold-Pressed Juice

Yesterday, I went into Whole Foods with my lovely boyfriend to do some food shopping.  Normally we are Von's people, because Whole Foods can get quite pricey.  HOWEVER, my wonderful brother decided to give us a gift card to the magnificent, amazing, healthy super-store, and we were pretty psyched to check out all the nutritious food options.

We wandered the store in amazement for quite some time (yes- I have been to Whole Foods many, many times, but no, all of the goodies never cease to amaze me). While browsing, I came across a section of cold-pressed juices. Cold-pressed juicing keeps the fruit or vegetables juice fully intact, allowing for all of the beneficial nutrients to be retained in the process.  I have read many, many times about the benefits of juicing in healing IC, but juicing at home can become timely and expensive. I had been hearing a lot about Suja Juice recently, on various blogs and from friends, and I was completely stoked to see that there was an option that was ENTIRELY IC friendly.  This is HUGE! Most pre-made juices I have found have at least one ingredient that I can't have.



Not only was this juice IC friendly, but it was absolutely delicious. I mean, so delicious that I would happily consume it for breakfast everyday.  Win-win!

Here are the exact ingredients if you would like to decide of this juice is IC friendly for you (I know that everyone's flare triggers are so different) or make the juice at home (with a cold-pressed juicer). 

2 apples
6 celery stalks
1/2 a cucumber
a handful of spinach
3 collard leaves
3 kale leaves
a sprig of mint

Try it out, or modify as you'd like, and enjoy!


Happy healing! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment